?

Log in

Black and Blues

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Saturday, December 5th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 01:46 Checking out Google's new open DNS server. Can't speak to performance just yet, but it doesn't hijack failures with ads. One up on OpenDNS. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Friday, December 4th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 18:58 @wtftastic I've been using it periodically as part of a triple-boot scheme on my work laptop. What do you want to know? #
  • 19:04 @greenieberry Hiking is easy. Standing still for more than 30 seconds is hard. For you. #
  • 19:07 Why do all of this year's Microsoft promotions revolve around ridiculous cheeseburgers? www.microsoft.com/click/growtheweb/ #
  • 23:57 All the chrome Twitter plugins are just a useless mess. Trying to further wean off of Firefox, giving Tweetdeck a second chance. #
  • 00:56 @cbartholomew Although the price is the same, you are legally entitled to get it without tomatoes. But only in Europe. #
  • 13:15 Had to get my @Philz_Coffee this morning with half Alarm. Not sleeping properly. #sigh #
  • 16:01 @VoltjanStevens For better or worse, civil rights do not come with a clause saying "...unless you're acting like an obnoxious fuckwit." #
  • 16:05 @VoltjanStevens This is an extension of "I disagree with what you are saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." #
  • 16:06 @VoltjanStevens You do not, however, have a right to punch people. Go directly to jail. #
  • 16:11 @VoltjanStevens Sometimes I'm glad that other people are willing to be annoying pricks, so that I don't have to. #
  • 16:11 @VoltjanStevens Because I would actually feel bad annoying minimum wage employees over abstract principles. Because I have a soul. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 12:15 Found out last night that my Japanese tutor from high school died recently. Kinda bummed out today. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Saturday, November 28th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 17:15 Officially sick. Bad times. Hopefully I can get over it by the time I need to be wheels up for NYC. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Friday, November 27th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 11:43 RT @intlwota: New blog post: 75,000 Yen For a Ticket?! Lolli Plans For Koharu's Graduation bit.ly/8aPGwv/ #
  • 11:50 Is it just me, or is Black Friday slowly eclipsing Thanksgiving in terms of mindshare? #
  • 11:54 Smartass fact: Despite what everyone says, Black Friday hasn't been the biggest shopping day of the year since 2005. #
  • 13:32 @WarwickADavis Random Q: Would you be offended if someone offered you a "booster seat" at a show? Is there a more appropriate term? #
  • 14:08 This is undeniably true. www.collegehumor.com/article:1794567 #
  • 15:02 @Trinora It's typically the Saturday immediately before Christmas. Procrastination always wins out. Eventually. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Thursday, November 26th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 01:31 I may have finally found a decent Twitter integration for Chrome. TESTING. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Wednesday, November 25th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 15:01 @falxumbra That's "Closer to Mario"! I remember that song from a very old mix tape. #
  • 15:02 I like this new conference system a lot. "To stop the music, press star." #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Monday, November 23rd, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 13:51 @Patrick_Macias They've probably been doing that for years and you're the first one to notice. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Saturday, November 21st, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 19:49 @Nocturnesb Holy crap! #
  • 22:19 @Nocturnesb It's not ideal to subject a moving-parts iPod to constant drive activity. #
  • 22:20 @Nocturnesb Also, you'd have to have your music on there twice, once for iTunes and once for the pod itself. #
  • 22:38 @Nocturnesb If you have no intention of using it as an actual iPod, that dodges the one issue. The other thing is that the drive may melt. #
  • 22:39 @Nocturnesb Keep it cold and you should be ok, but...consider yourself warned. #
  • 01:42 And the cost of an Izze Sparkling Blackberry later, I am finishing up the day's work at the Union Square Borders cafe. #
  • 02:02 @greenieberry Glad you're having fun. Need to get used to the cold soon enough, anyway. Call me when you're done, k? #
  • 02:20 We'll see if my battery can outlast this UTF-8 table conversion. The suspense is killing me! #
  • 02:27 Looks like we made it! #
  • 02:49 @greenieberry when can you escape? I'm on my way now. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Friday, November 20th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 18:03 @wildarmsheero Flash is powered by voodoo. Any time it actually works, it's not because of anything you did. #
  • 18:05 @Trinora You need to be more specific. It's always broken, it's just a question of HOW broken. #
  • 18:31 @Trinora "Close the screen" = Suspend? Hibernate? #
  • 18:47 @wildarmsheero SOME? What Borders are you going to... #
  • 22:16 @jlist For what? #
  • 02:05 @trinother I think I once heard @amber_benson say something to that effect. #
  • 02:27 @trinother Wanted to read about it. A lot. #
  • 15:42 Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!!? cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/11/snakemail.jpg #
  • 15:49 You know, sometimes I just like to take a moment to enjoy the fact that AOL is no longer very wealthy or powerful. It cheers me up. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Thursday, November 19th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Wednesday, November 18th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 14:54 I still feel like an idiot whenever I have to use the word "moneyness" in a sentence. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Tuesday, November 17th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 18:53 New Mario game get! #
  • 19:18 I love 2D #
  • 19:35 @VoltjanStevens It's not, until some company tries to pretend they have legal rights in this situation that trump yours. Then it's a problem #
  • 19:44 @VoltjanStevens Certainly no more inconvenient than letting a cop frisk you and check your ID because he doesn't like the way you look. #
  • 19:46 @VoltjanStevens It's not a matter of convenience, it's a matter of not letting people get away with their bullshit. #
  • 19:47 @wtftastic That's just not true. I can name at least three big-box retailers that have a policy of checking every single customer's receipt. #
  • 19:47 @VoltjanStevens Personally, I'm always willing to do it. But that's to be polite, not because they have legal authority to compel me to. #
  • 19:48 @VoltjanStevens And I am very sympathetic to people who have strong enough principles to make a fuss about it from time to time. #
  • 19:50 @wtftastic No, not opt-in clubs. Best Buy. CompUSA. Walmart. Normal, non-membership-based retailers. #
  • 19:51 @VoltjanStevens They can watch me on camera. They can use anti-theft alarm tags. But they cannot legally compel me to show my receipt. #
  • 19:52 @VoltjanStevens Just like they can't legally search my pockets or detain me by force, not unless they actually catch me doing something bad. #
  • 19:53 @VoltjanStevens If the people working there are willing to escalate from illegal search to outright kidnapping, that's worth knowing about. #
  • 19:54 @VoltjanStevens I agree it's not inconvenient. #
  • 19:55 @VoltjanStevens But I appreciate having one guy out of 10,000 who is willing to prove that they will take it way too seriously. #
  • 19:55 @VoltjanStevens It's a good check on the system. Both legally and in terms of PR. #
  • 19:57 @VoltjanStevens If you run, you're doing it wrong. The point is to face them down, and get the law involved if need be. #
  • 19:57 @VoltjanStevens I would posit that they are, in fact, civil rights champions. And also major dicks. The two are not mutually exclusive. #
  • 20:17 @wtftastic Walking up to you and saying that you can't leave unless you take something out of your pocket and show it to me. Illegal. #
  • 20:18 @wtftastic Asking you nicely to show me. Banning you from coming back if you won't show me. These are legal. #
  • 20:19 @wtftastic But detaining you against your will with no evidence or suspicion is over the line. #
  • 20:33 @wtftastic And if they do, good on them. If they do not, fuck them with a rusty chainsaw. In the legal sense. #
  • 21:52 @greenieberry I don't see you grabbing a Luigi and helping me!! #
  • 22:07 @VoltjanStevens It's so good to hear you say that. It's just what I need to hear right now. #
  • 22:14 @VoltjanStevens There's one I can see in this castle, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get over there. #
  • 01:53 My life: Moderately drunk on a Monday night, reading articles about financial instruments #
  • 02:26 I keep thinking this is Tuesday. That's just...amazingly wrong. #
  • 16:08 @Schonste They try to tack on a lot of "value added" services that are pretty shady. Wouldn't recommend it. #
  • 16:25 @Trinora Can you try getting one through a bank you have an existing account with? My first card was from BoA, since they knew me. #
  • 16:33 @Trinora Your next best option is to just pick one that'll take a deposit in lieu of credit history. Maybe not...today...but, you know. #
  • 16:33 Looks like it's official. Moving to New York. #
  • 16:35 Life is crazy, man. #
  • 16:47 @wildarmsheero Yeah. I know the feeling. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Monday, November 16th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 22:39 Too...many...beets #
  • 00:58 @wildarmsheero You're always the last to know. #
  • 12:13 Ouch. Edward Woodward died? Someone needs to burn a memorial wicker man. #
  • 13:01 @wildarmsheero 萌ええええええ〜 #
  • 13:21 Apparently Michael Moorcock is writing a Doctor Who novel. This leads to my stunned realization that Michael Moorcock is still alive. #
  • 13:57 @Chrysalid And now Queen will be in my head all day. DAMN IT. #
  • 15:11 Whoa, shit just got real. bit.ly/3iIcbR #
  • 16:47 Just so we're all clear, Mark Cuban is a complete idiot. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Sunday, November 15th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
  • 22:11 This is basically perfect. bit.ly/16tT7P #
  • 14:18 People bitching and moaning about Obama bowing to the emperor of Japan symbolize everything that is wrong with the world. #
  • 16:19 @VoltjanStevens So say we all. #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Saturday, November 14th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

Friday, November 13th, 2009
5:50 pm - Tweet tweet tweet

  • 23:23 I really have no business being at this Ubergizmo party but @patricknorton is being entertaining enough, so I may stay a while. #

Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter

(comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com